Caparra e Siciliani joined LOGIN project, approved by the Minister, partnered by companies and universities from Calabria and Puglia. Still in progress, the program develops a system working from raw material acquisition, handling of the product to the delivery to the client.
The focus of this logistic program deals with both material and information flows (orders, invoices, data in the marketplace…). The ideal system aims to bring the material flow forward the information exchange. All of that in order to plan correctly every single activity necessary for the material shift. Logistic is intended as a synchronization activity between both shifting and virtual process.
The program is going to deal with:
- The realization of new platforms for the management of logistic flows;
- The introduction of cooperative solutions able to bring together logistics’ operators and agricultural companies.
Most remarkable expected results are:
- Reduction of unsold stock;
- Drawing up new collaborations between suppliers and users for having a more systematic programming and delivering schedule;
Creation of an external HUB for companies able to manage new technologies as ICT platform, which will be introduced in the logistic chain.
Expected benefits are:
- Reduction of the time in logistic and on-time delivery;
- Reduction of logistic’ costs.
The program includes:
- A period of Industrial Research to identify the process and product’ s innovation that have to be realised by LOGIN;
- A period of Experimental Research to realise prototypes for either ICT technologies or model companies’ behaviour taking part and experience innovation;
A period of Innovation of Processes and Products where every single interested companies acquire new technologies.