“WORKING THE GROUND
IT’S LIKE HAVING TO DO
WITH A MOSAIC
THE SET AND THE SINGLE CARDS
HAVE THE SAME VALUE “
Along the Ionian coast of Calabria, in the province of Crotone, among Alberello vineyards, secular olive groves and millenarian ruins, are located the municipalities of Cirò and Cirò Marina, jewelled in May of 1952 by the bosom of a single community, particularly significant from the point of Historicocultural view, for its very ancient origin and the splendid civilization expressed. Here, as elsewhere, when the age of pastoralism gave way to the age of agriculture, the countryside of the area Cirotano rich in water, flat towards the sea, with rolling hills, proved to be the most suitable to benefit from that happy position once Towards the Rising Sun: the most favorable to the prosperity of the vine, to its cultivation, to the vinification of its fruit.
Wine producers since the nineteenth century, the Caparra & Siciliani families have a solid agrarian and wine-growing tradition in particular. In 1963, making common treasure of these experiences, the “CAPARRA & SICILIANI” was born. The company operates exclusively in the area of “Cirò” and of the “classic Cirò”, working the grapes from the vineyards owned by the members, extended for about 213 Ha. The “CAPARRA & SICILIANI” has a technologically organized modern wine establishment and the total capacity of 31,000 Hl., divided into 110 vinary vases, distributed on three floors, in addition to 150 oak barrels “Allier”.
The winery has lent special care to the bottling since birth and the product to be bottled is selected after a thorough examination conducted with genuine passion for wine, deep competence and professional conscience. The whole system is in fact cured by one of the major Italian oenologists: Dr. Fabrizio Ciufoli.